- Registering with us
- Username and password
- Account Information Services
- Our services
- Communications between us
- Lost or stolen mobile device
- Canceling your account
- Other important terms
Terms of Service
These are the terms of supply for services available on our website ("Website"), on our mobile applications, through your Facebook messenger application made available through our applications and/or directly via SMS ("Applications"). The Website and Applications (together referred to as the "Site") are operated by or on behalf of Fairscore Ltd (Updraft, we, us and our). We are a limited company, registered in England. Our registered company number is 10868865 and our registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU. Your use of any of the services offered on the Site (Services) is subject to these terms and by signing up for or using any Service you agree to be bound by them. You should print a copy of these terms for future reference. Use of your personal information submitted to us in as part of the provision of the Services is governed by our Privacy notice and Cookies Policy.
Registering with us
To use any of the Services, you must first register to set up an account with us by completing the account registration form available on the Site. You only need to register once.To register, you must be at least 18 years of age.
Please note that additional eligibility criteria may apply to a particular Service, where indicated on the Site. It is your responsibility to ensure you satisfy all of the minimum eligibility criteria set out above before choosing to register with us. By doing so, you confirm to us that you do meet all of the minimum eligibility criteria
To register, you must provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date contact information, including email address and mobile telephone number. You are responsible for the information you provide to us. You must promptly update your Updraft account in the event of any changes to information you have provided.
Registration is subject to approval by us in all cases, and we reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to decline any application for registration, without giving a reason. If we approve your registration, you will receive a notification from us. We may be required by law to carry out checks (including checks with credit reference agencies) for the purposes of confirming your identity.
Username and password
Upon registration for an account with us, you will be asked to create a username and personalised security credentials to access your account. You must take all reasonable precautions to keep your username and personalised security credentials confidential and secure at all times and use it only to access and use your Updraft account and not for any other purpose. For example, you should not write down your personalised security credentials and you must take care that nobody sees (or overhears) you when using them. You are the only authorised user of your account and, accordingly, you must not disclose your username or personalised security credentials to anyone else. You are responsible for all activities that occur using your username and personalised security credentials and you must contact us immediately if you discover or suspect any unauthorised use of your Updraft account or error in the operation of your username and/or personalised security credentials (see Contacting us and complaints). If you discover or suspect any unauthorised use of a payment or financial account linked to your Updraft account, you should immediately notify the provider of that account. We may, from time to time, with or without prior notice, temporarily suspend the operation of any Service if we believe there has been unauthorised access to your Updraft account or we suspect it is being used to gain unauthorised access to any payment or financial account linked to the Services. In the event we become aware of any major operational or security incident affecting the Services which could have an adverse impact on your financial interests, we are required to notify you of the incident and measures you can take to mitigate the impact. You must cease to use and delete the password for your account upon termination of your account for whatever reason.
Account Information Services
The Services are described more fully on the Site. We pledge that the Services will substantially conform to the relevant description on the Site and will be provided with reasonable care and skill. In using our Services, you agree that we may as an agent of Truelayer process, aggregate or analyse information from one or more payment or other financial accounts ("Linked Accounts") that you link to your Updraft account in order to provide you with the following Services:
- Provision of information regarding your transactions and financial position across all Linked Accounts.
- Notifying you of certain activity concerning your Linked Accounts where you have requested such notifications; and
- Responding to messages you have submitted through your Updraft account concerning your financial situation or transaction history.
In addition we might offer you an Updraft loan if it meets your needs and subject to affordability and creditworthiness assessments. We are authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority services (Firm Reference Number: 810923 )
Communications between us
- When we refer, in these Terms, to "in writing", this will include e-mail and instant messaging.
- You may contact us here
Lost or stolen mobile device
If your mobile device is lost or stolen or if you suspect someone has gained unauthorised access to your username or password, you must contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to take any action, you will need to provide certain account information so we can verify your identity.
Canceling your account
You can cancel the Service at anytime via our site or through the mobile app via the in-app chat.
We can cancel our provision of the Service to you if:
- Your use of the Service has been inactive for an extended period of time; or
- You commit a serious breach of these Terms.
If you have cancelled any of your Personal Accounts or transferred a Personal Account to another bank, you must inform us as soon as reasonably possible via our mobile application
Other important terms
- We can transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you if this happens.
- This Contract is between you and us. No other person will have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These Terms are governed by English law. This means any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.